Thursday, May 6, 2010

girls weekend...aw yeah!

This past weekend, my mom took my sister & I to Chicago for a girls weekend. :) :) It was SO nice to get away and just have fun...and of course shop! :)  Even with the not so good start to the trip with the trailblazer breaking down on us, standing on the side of 80/90 whilst semi's FLEW by us (almost peed my pants), attempting to be a guy and check the transmission fluid (had no idea what I was doing), and finally turning around after an hour on the road and barely making it back to my apartment to drop off the bad car, and pick up mine.

After about 3 hours of traveling, sitting on the side of the road, and swapping vehicles, we FINALLY got on the road towards Chi-Town! :) We arrived right around dinner time and stopped in at good ol' Crate & Barrel...A-MAZING store...however, too expensive for what my wallet can afford.  :) But, it was still fun to walk around and get ideas of how I'd love to decorate my house someday.  :)

After we left there, we headed to CHAMMP'S...the place that we finally remembered.  :) After weeks & weeks of trying to remember where Mandy had her most amazing hamburger EVER, my brother finally remembered.  :)  Phew! That was close!  :)



After dinner we were WIPED out...and wanted to head to the hotel to relax, swim in the pool, and have a couple drinks to unwind.  :) Let's just say the hotel fiasco was insane. After driving around for about an hour, stopping in at 3 hotels, we finally found the one we were staying at...oh.my.word. It was scary...let's just say. So, with communication back to Kalamazoo, we finally found an amazing hotel to stay at and finally arrived in our room. Sheesh!  :)





The next day we got to enjoy more girls time...:) We headed out early in the morning and headed to breakfast. Then we shopped around Shaumburg for a little while and finally headed on over to IKEA. Let's just say we went crazy...couldn't.stop.shopping! I swear it was an addiction that day...as you can see in our pictures.  :)









Overall, it was an amazing weekend, so much fun with the momma & sister...and just a great weekend to get away together to laugh & have fun! I can't wait to go again! Woot woot!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a terrific time! I LOVE Chicago shopping trips. And the IKEA there is the best!

    ReplyDelete