Wednesday, March 17, 2010

india, day 1

march 5, 2010

Today has been one of those days filled with lots of emotion. From being super nervous, to very excited, to scared to death! Today is our first day of travel. We met at church at 11:30am for our send off. It was finally becoming real to me. I finally felt like all the hard work of preparation was finally over and it was finally time to go. We had a prayer send off, grabbed all of our gear, including the 50 bags that were filled with Croc shoes, backpacks for the children, books, and clothing, and loaded it all onto the bus for the trip to Chicago.

 {all the green bags!}

Once in Chicago we checked the luggage that carried all of the supplies for the village of Kalavai. After we checked the luggage for the trip to India we went through security and made it to our gate. Our flight was leaving at 5:00pm that evening. We were leaving Chicago and heading to London Heathrow, which was approximately an 8 hour flight. I called my family for the last time to say my goodbyes and to tell them that I loved them and that  I would miss them tremendously. Up until now, I'm not really sure that I've felt much other then the feeling of being numb...as this is such a surreal experience that I have never had the chance to participate in before. I'm so thankful to be on this trip and am excited to see how the rest of the travels go and what India will be like!

{my teammate sarah and i}

No comments:

Post a Comment