Saturday, March 20, 2010

india, day 2

march 6, 2010

Yep...still traveling and have been for the last 36 hours. I'm super exhausted because I didn't sleep at all on the first flight to London and now on the second flight to Chennai, I was able to take some sleeping pills and got to get about 3 hours of interrupted sleep. Let's just say I'm at the point where I'm beyond what exhaustion looks like. It's been quite the journey so far and I'm still struggling with the fact that I'm not sure I'm ready for what lies ahead.

We landed in Chennai after a 10 hour flight at around 1:45am. We then had to wait in long lines to go through immigration. Man, what a hot and smelly wait.  :) After we got through immigration, we had to go through security again and then off to the luggage claim to get our 50 green duffel bags filled with supplies. We were greeted by the team we will be working with and they had beautiful flower lei's to give us to welcome us to India.

{sarah & i getting greeted with lei's}


{on the bus ride to the hotel}

We then took a bus ride to a hotel we are staying in for a couple of hours to hopefully catch up on some rest. And also be able to shower.  :) It felt so wonderful to be able to clean up after the many hours of travel, and be able to lay down on a bed to rest.  :)

                          {the hotel room where sarah & i stayed}


{view outside our hotel room window}


{another view outside our hotel window}

What an exhausting trip so far...but I'm excited to see what God has in store for us starting tomorrow and throughout the rest of the week. I'm not even sure where to label my emotions at this point. I could probably break down and cry right now if I wanted, but know that that could be from the long days of travel with very little sleep. I'm ready to go out tomorrow and share God's love but am so scared of the unknown at this point. I need to learn that God is with me in everything...and He will take care of me no matter what happens. I trust in Him that He will use me as a beacon to shine His light...I'm just ready to go out and do it!

I'm off to catch up on sleep! More coming tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment