Saturday, March 27, 2010

india, day 5

march 9, 2010

Today was another long day. We were in the village again working with the families and got to hear more about their life story. It's just so awesome to get the opportunity to sit here and listen to these. The faith that these people have in God is just astounding considering the life they have been given. After we spoke with some of the families, we took a walk through the village and got to see where each of them live, and what type of house they have. It's just so sad to see the way these people live and how they have nothing...but are so grateful at what they do have, and what God has provided for them. It was just really overwhelming for me.

{children in the village}


One amazing woman told us a story about her turning her life over to God. She had some things in her life that she wanted more then anything. A job for her husband, a healthy family, and a little girl. She kept spending more and more money on different Hindu gods in hopes that these gods would answer her prayers. As we sat there and listened she came out and said that as she kept searching for answers within the Hindu gods, she realized that God was chasing after her...trying to get her to trust in Him and follow Him. She completely turned her life around and put her full trust in God and gave up worshiping the Hindu gods. After trusting in God and turning her life over, her prayers started being answered. Such an INCREDIBLE story that brought me to tears, and made me realize exactly why God brought me here...

It's been difficult for me, emotionally, spiritually, mentally and physically so far. Just trying to get used to another country, being exhausted from the heat and the work, but more then anything, being mentally, spiritually and emotionally drained from listening to these stories and just trying to process it all.

I'm at the point in the journey where I've met multiple families, I'm getting to know the children and I know what their lifestyle is like. I just wish I could snap my fingers and for everything to be better for them. Or that is how I see it. Even when I say that I'm tired of being dirty, uncomfortable, and ready to have normalcy back...this is how these people ALWAYS live. They don't have a clean home to go back to, or even a job...they don't get to leave the village to find something better.

{Clarinda & Rosie...the girls we worked with all week}


But I realized that that is ok. This village makes these people happy. They don't long for the things like I do, because this is what they are used to. The simple way of life for them is what makes them happy. As long as they have a home, their family and God...they are content. I would never want to take that away from them. The amazing things that I learn from these families just astounds me. I need to learn to be more trusting like them. Trusting that God will provide, that they will stay healthy and that they live a good life.

{indian woman hard at work}


I hope that as much as they are teaching me about life, I am teaching them the same about God. I want to walk away from this trip feeling like I brought a piece of God's love to this community and that they see God through my heart, my actions and my words.

I am so blessed to be here...

No comments:

Post a Comment