Monday, March 22, 2010

india, day 3

march 7, 2010

What a night. I think we finally got settled into our rooms around 4:00am. Sarah and I discussed what we will be doing this week making sure we understood and could check with Jack before we headed out on our journey. We turned the lights off at about 4:30am. Starting at about 5:30am, dogs started barking, horns blaring, birds chirping, you name it. I even had taken some sleeping pills and those didn't even help much. I got comfortable and think I finally fell asleep around 6:30am. I slept for probably 2 hours. Total of about 7 hours in 3 days..yikes!

Psalm 25:1-5
To you, O Lord, I lift up my soul, in you I trust, oh my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are my God, my savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalm 27:13-14
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

What a day today turned out to be. After lunch we took a 3 hour bus ride to the village of Kalavai. Along the way we stopped along side the road and tasted coconuts. Boy, were they disgusting. :) I thought I was going to love them because I love anything coconut, however these seemed to have a very distinct taste. :)

{the man we bought our coconuts from}

{mmm, so tasty!}

After stopping to taste coconuts, we got back on the bus to continue our journey. We arrived in Kalavai at Pastor Sam's house around 7:00pm that evening. They threw us a big celebration and gave us lots of fruit and chai tea. So very tasty!

{our welcome to the village along with fireworks!}


       {fruit & tea time in Kalavai}


We left Pastor Sam's house and headed to the area where we'd be staying. Wow...the people and children were so welcoming and so happy to see us! We played around with the kids and took lots of pictures for most of the evening. It was a blast! It is just amazing at how thankful the people are that we are here. It's so overwhelming the amount of children that are just so happy to see us. Makes me feel absolutely amazing on the inside. 


{the children & families greeting us!}


{ms. lily and her friend}


{the children in the village dancing}


{me & one of my indian friends}


{children in the village}

We then ate dinner and sang worship songs. What an incredible feeling. Absolutely amazing. Now it's time to head to bed...it's about 80 degrees with lots of humidity and we are sleeping in tents. :) This could be interesting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment