Wednesday, April 28, 2010

hero.

dear dad...

As a little girl, and growing up, you always held a special place in my heart. You were the coolest daddy ever, and you always made me feel like a little princess. I have so many incredible memories with you as a child and I will always remember and cherish them. 

Now that I'm a grown woman, I stand in awe at the man of God that I see today. You are an inspiration to me and challenge me daily to be more like God. You have made me into the strong woman that I am today, and I am so grateful for that. I continue to love God and grow deeper in faith with Him because you have shown God's love to me. You have shown me how important my faith is and led me by example to be a woman of God. 

You are a pillar of strength that ties this family together. Your strength pulls us in as a family and helps build memories. Memories that last lifetimes. My relationship with my siblings and with you & mom is so amazing because you have taught us how important family is. You have shown each of us a kind of love that is so incredible. We have you to look up to, in hopes that we can share the same deep love for our families someday. 

You have loved mom more then life itself, and I hope someday I can find a man who will love, respect, honor and cherish me as much as I see you do for mom. You have shown me how to love and be loved, and I hope one day, I can experience a love like yours & moms. Not only do you love each other, but you love God more then anything and have shown me what it looks like to have God as the center of your marriage. I look up to you both and hope that one day, God will lead me to a man that will want that same thing. He will want to not only love me as a wife, but love God more then anything. 

You are an amazing person...and I'm so proud that I get to call you my dad. Your laugh is contagious, and you always have a funny sense of humor. You love to joke around and be silly...and even try to pretend that you are still stronger then me.  ;) You are my running partner, and I'm so blessed that I get to share those memories with you. You have been there for me through the thick and the thin, and are always so understanding when I just need someone to listen to me. 

I'm forever grateful for you...and I pray that God continues to bless our family with you being our father and husband. I'm proud to call you dad. 

i love you dad...


No comments:

Post a Comment