Friday, April 9, 2010

india, day 10

march 14, 2010

We are on our way HOME! The flight from Chennai to London wasn't that bad. I got to sleep for about 5 hours of the flight, and just dozed off and on for the rest of the flight. I felt really out of it for the majority of the flight. I think I'm at the point of beyond exhaustion and I'm just ready to get home. :) We had a short layover in London with barely enough time to make it through security. We boarded our next flight from London back to Chicago. I tried to stay awake this whole flight because I wanted to be super tired when I got home so I could just go right to bed and sleep all night. That was a STRUGGLE. I watched movies and listened to my ipod...however, I had to do everything I could to just keep my eyes open. It was rough.

We finally landed in Chicago around 3:20pm. It felt SO good to be back on US soil and I felt like I could breathe again. It just felt like I was home...even though I still had a 2 hour bus ride back to Mishawaka. That trip went by pretty fast, and next thing I knew we were pulling into the church. It was so great to see everyone there that was there to pick up their family members. I walked off the bus and lost it...mostly from pure exhaustion, but also from joy of getting to see my family again.  :)

{pulling into church!}

{finally getting off the bus...so sick of traveling!}

{yep..i lost it here...missed him alot}


{felt good to see my sister}

{feels good to be HOME!}


We then left church and went to get me Chipotle. :) It tasted SO good. I came home to an amazingly decorated apartment since it was my birthday while I was gone.  :) I got to spend some time with my family catching up, and then they left...and I CRASHED. I took a hot shower and just crawled into bed and slept like a baby. What an amazing adventure...it feels good to be home...but I'll always have the people of Kalavai on my mind and in my heart...

{my decorated apt.  :)}


{the children I already miss...}

No comments:

Post a Comment