Saturday, April 3, 2010

india, day 7

march 11, 2010

Today we came back to the village after our day of rest. We continued to work on our project and had the opportunity to listen to more family stories. It is so incredible to just sit here and listen to them talk about their lives and how they have grown up in this village. They have a lot more strength and will power then I could ever have.

In the afternoon we got to walk around to each house again and take a picture of each family in front of their home. It was great to see the whole family together and to get to see the life that they get to live. On the inside of me it made me sad, as I know in my heart that things could be better for them. But the smiles on their faces make me realize that with the little that they are given, they are completely satisfied and happy that this is the life that God wants for them.

{adorable little girl in the village}


{KC3...community center that we helped them build}

Around dinner time, we had another opportunity to call home. I had just talked with my parents and brother, but hadn't had the opportunity to talk to my sister. I talk to her everyday, so it's been difficult not to talk to her and see how she was doing. So, I decided that I would surprise her and give her a call at work. It was so great to hear her voice and to just see how she was doing. Catch up a little on life since I feel SO out of everything here. I feel like my whole world paused as I am over here in India, yet everything is going strong back at home.

That evening, after a long exhausting day in the sun, the arts team went to another village to play in a concert. My team stayed back and just got to hang out with the families and the children. We played with the children, danced with them, sang with them...and even when it got dark out, we pulled out mats and laid on the ground to look at the stars. It was UNREAL how bright the stars were. It was silent, and the stars were shining, and it was just an amazing God moment to be experiencing this with the children. They have captured a special place in my heart, and it is going to be very difficult to leave them when it is time for us to go home. :( I will never forget the people here and how much they taught me about myself...

{children water painting}

{little boy who made butterflies out of pipe cleaners}


{little girl washing her school clothes}

No comments:

Post a Comment