Monday, February 1, 2010

thankful

For the past year I've wanted to get involved in my church. I just didn't know where my fit was. I wanted to do something not only that I enjoyed, but also something that would bring glory to God. I remembered when I was young how much I LOVED being a part of my youth group and all the missions that I was involved in. I knew that I wanted to help bring other students into that joy that I experienced, so I felt a calling to join in on our student ministry team. 

I decided to try it out and see how it went. I was just going to slowly get involved and start out small. But God had a different idea. After a couple times of going to GSM (granger student ministries), I knew that I wanted to continue to do this, and continue to grow more and more in this ministry. 

I was then contacted and asked if I wanted to be a leader of a small group. I wasn't sure if I was ready yet. I had a lot on my plate as it was, but I prayed and prayed and prayed about it. Just to make sure I was doing God's will and not following what I thought was my will. God showed me so clearly how this was the step that he wanted me to take...to be a leader of a small group of high school girls. 

This small group has completely changed me...it's made me a more fun, crazy and laid back person. I don't take life so seriously. These girls have even challenged me on my faith making me want to dig deeper and grow more. Their hearts are kind, compassionate, and are fully on fire for God. I hope I can be the leader that will want them to love God with all their heart and will help them dig deeper and grow each and every day. 


2 comments:

  1. erin! we are soo thankful to have you for a gsm leader! we love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thats so sweet! we love having you for a leader! haha we've had some...interesting...times (: haha love ya!

    ReplyDelete