Saturday, February 20, 2010

when life gives you thunderstorms...

...we gotta learn how to dance in the rain. I've heard this told to me quite a few times in the past couple weeks. Many obstacles come into our lives that drain us of the ability to feel like we can walk in the rain...let alone dance in the rain.

I had my first training session today for India...as well as traveling to India is less then 2 weeks away. The reality of the situation is coming onto me full force. The reality that I'm about to experience one of the toughest yet most rewarding experiences in my life. I'm afraid I'm not going to have the strength to make it through this trip the way God wants me to. I'm afraid I'm going to let Him down. & I'm afraid that I'm not going to be able to calm these nerves that are so intensely taking over my body. I'm not saying that I think I made the wrong decision in going...I'm just afraid that I won't have the strength & peace to allow me to experience this trip the way that God wants me to. I need to learn to have peace that God wouldn't have put me in this place if he didn't think I had the strength for it. I need to calm my nerves and focus on what is most important right now...preparing myself for the journey, and allowing myself to enjoy this opportunity that God has provided me with.

Give me strength as I endure not only preparing for India, but also healing my heart that has been affected by certain circumstances that have made my thoughts not on the things that God wants me to focus on. Help me to deal with and heal these things that make my heart ache.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

1 comment:

  1. erin, the good news is, God WANTS you to not be ready, to not be qualified...to be weak so that he is magnified and you are minimized. i'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete