Sunday, February 28, 2010

you're gonna miss this...

I keep denying the inevitable...that the number 27 is looming over my head. Yes folks...that is the age that I will be turning in just over a week. YIKES! Why does 27 seem so old to me?? Maybe its because it's closer to 30 then 26 was. Maybe its because its another reminder that time flies because it seems like just yesterday I was turning 26. I'm not quite sure what it is...

Have you heard the song "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins? You must need to listen to it if you have not heard it..:) I was listening to this song the other day, and realized how true it really was. It shows us how fast we wish life by and how fast it really goes...one day you are 5 and it seems like the next day you are turning 50 and you sit there and wonder where all those years went...

You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days
Hadn't gone by so fast

These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this

Yes, 27 seems so old to me...but if I really think about it, its just the beginning of my life. I have so much ahead of me and so much to look forward to in the coming years. I need to cherish each day that I'm given and realize how important it is to hold on to each memory that is made.

I'm going to embrace 27...and hope that I can live this year proud of my accomplishments thus far...and excited to experience what God has in store for me in the coming years.

Bring it on 27...bring it on!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment