Wednesday, January 27, 2010

bad dreams...

Have you ever had one of those nights where you are getting ready for bed, doing your devotions and in that devotion, you read something that really strikes a chord with you...for the good. It reminds you of how lucky you are to be where you are today, and to always trust that God is doing good things for you according to his plan. According to His plan...is the key. Yes, I might not always feel like things are going my way...but I need to realize more often then not that maybe this is the way God has it planned out for my life. And it will be good for me in the end, even if I don't see it going that way now.

So, I felt really good before going to bed. I prayed to God that he would show me how to be content with where I'm at in life and to trust Him 100% that the way my life is going, is according to His plan. And then I fell into a deep slumber...

In that deep slumber, I started having dreams. Dreams that were so real to me that I felt like I was actually living them. Dreams that stirred up emotions of my past and made me wonder why I was having dreams like this.

& then I woke up...hurting, upset, wondering why I had such a good devotion and talk with God the night before and then during the night in my dreams, it stirred up things that I thought I had tucked away. For good. Is this something God is trying to tell me? Is there something that I need to do? What can I do to make this pain/hurt go away for good and not be stirred up every time that I seem to have settled things?

No comments:

Post a Comment