Thursday, January 7, 2010

Holy Batman!

...I leave for India in less then 2 months!

So..I probably should start from the beginning. Fill all readers in as to what India is all about.

About 5 months ago, my church began talking about the next India mission trip. It was scheduled for March and they were informing people of the church all about what they do in India, and looking to see if anyone was interested in going. I have always been interested in starting back up with missions trips, but this one seemed to far out of my reach.

First of all, it was $3,000 per person for us to be able to go. Support that we would have to raise ourselves and figure out ways to raise it. And second of all, it was a long trip and I just wasn't sure if I could afford to be away from work for that long.

I started praying like crazy...asking God what I needed to do and if this was a missions trip that I was supposed to go on. I knew that if this was something that He wanted me to do...He would let me know.

About a month later, my friend Sarah asked me if I was thinking about India and really felt that I should go. She was going to be a team leader for this trip and knew how much that I loved going on missions trips...and felt like this would be the perfect opportunity for me to go. I told her that I had been praying about it, but still wasn't 100% sure if this is something that God wanted me to do at this time in my life.

One night when I was sitting in church, one of the pastors spoke about living for God. He said that there is no reason for us to wait on living for him...God wants us to live for him now. That struck me to my core. It showed me that God was telling me that I needed to get out of my comfort zone and go live for Him.

So, I decided right then and there, that I needed to go to India. I spoke with Sarah and she got me connected with the right people. I kept praying and praying knowing that I had a lot of work to do before the trip came, and so I asked for not only strength to get through these next couple months, but also support to be able raise the funds to make this trip possible.

Currently...I am super pumped to be a part of this amazing missions team. We head to India on March 5th and we are there for 10 days! I'm so excited to see what God has in store for me while I'm there...yet at the same time very nervous as to what I will experience when I'm over there. I know that God has amazing plans for me, and this is just another step that I can take to help show God's love around the world.

Current to date, I have raised $2,235 for my trip. I'm almost there! And I'm hoping that as the next two months roll by, I will continue raising more support.

I appreciate everyone who has helped me raise support for this and I ask for prayers as I continue on this journey.

So, that pretty much sums up India. I will continue to update as the months roll on and also update when I get back about my experience! I'm so super excited and can't wait to share with you all what God has in store for me in the near future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment