Thursday, January 14, 2010

mountains & valleys...

Have you ever had times in your life where one minute you have felt like you are on top of a mountain and you feel like you can conquer anything you have ever dreamed of, and then the next minute, you are picking yourself up off the ground in the valley and learn you have to start climbing again?

I've had multiple experiences with these feelings in the last couple weeks and I'm not quite sure what to think of them. I LOVE the feeling of when I feel like I can conquer the world and accomplish everything that my heart desires. Things that give me this feeling are the sunshine on my face even when it is bitterly cold out, a good song on the radio that lifts my spirits, laughing so hard that I can't help but cry, having that feeling of God overcome me when I least expect it and knowing that I have family & friends that care for me more then anything...even when I have so many faults that I can't fathom why they stick around.

Then the next minute...you have fallen off that mountain...rock...hard...to the bottom of that valley and all you feel like doing is laying there and never wanting to get back up. You lay there and think of everything that is going wrong and has gone wrong...and you can't fathom the thought of that climb back to the top again.

BUT...you do. You find the strength somewhere so deep inside, that it just starts as a thought in your head that you can't lay there forever. & eventually it works its way through your heart and fills you with a strength not known to you...& shows you that you can do it...you can pick yourself up off the ground and start climbing again...knowing that feeling at the very top will overcome any fear that you have along the way.

As you climb, you may hit rough patches, where you slip & fall...but you keep going...& going...& going...& as you go, God is speaking to you the whole way encouraging you to keep pressing on to the top...that at the top is where you will find your joy.

No matter how hard it gets, I will keep pressing forward to reach the top...& if it takes me years to get there, I can never say that I didn't try.

1 comment: